Valorant released details on the new ranking system and new agent leaks
Ranking has been the root cause of much tilt and anger among all Valorant players. Understandably, deranking stresses everyone out and tough games against hackers and smurfs doesn’t help any. Riot has released details on their latest overhauled ranking system which introduces a ton of interesting features and mechanics.
- They will display Act Ranks which are essentially a summary of your games for the season
- You will have a badge that acts like a heat map that shows your best wins of the season at the highest level you have reached
- A new “proven skill” concept will be shown which is the 9th best game you had of the season
- Games at higher ranks will push out your lower ranked games
- Act I may not get this new badge according to Riot’s post
This new concept should help curve the smurfing problem as people will be motivated to keep playing on their mains since losses will be scrubbed out as you win more games at higher ranks. Many people are achieving a rank that they are happy with and preserving their accounts while creating new ones to stomp on lower ranked players. At the end of it all, only your highest ranked and best game wins will matter and be displayed.
BONUS for you guys, the new agent has leaked – Killjoy. More details to follow soon. Stay tuned.